Thursday, September 8, 2011

Earthquake in Delhi

There was an earthquake in Delhi last night at about 11.30pm.

It was a 4.2 on the Richter scale....downgraded from an initial analysis of 6.6.

I was drifting off to sleep at the time when I heard a “noise”...I can’t describe it any other way (some people said they heard what sounded like an airplane landing/crashing). Then, the entire apartment starts swaying for what seemed only a few seconds. Other people have said it lasted about 10 seconds & the movement was up & down.

I said to Tania: “What the f*** was that ??”. She said “an earthquake” & then promptly went back to her deep sleep (I hate it how she can do that so easily).

It was my first experience of an earthquake.

Everyone was talking about it at the High Commission this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment